Design thinking is a systematic creative process, methodology, and set of tools that can be used to explore, define, and create innovation around certain challenges. Add a fresh new approach to your methodology toolkit with our design thinking for social innovation course.
In this course you’ll learn all about design thinking and gain a working knowledge of design thinking tools. Using these tools, you’ll be able to develop innovative solutions to any challenge. Opportunities for reflection on the process and learning from experience will be key to the workshop methodology.
Course Level: Beginner
What you will learn
This course focuses on the Design Thinking approach and highlights creative problem solving.
By the end of this course, you’ll have:
- An understanding of the design thinking process
- Experience of a creative thinking process
- Increased confidence around the application of design thinking
- Experience with design thinking tools, including: journey mapping, context and stakeholder mapping, value network and persona mapping
- A range of tools to stimulate creative thinking and problem solving
What the course will cover
Module 1: Discover
Module 2: Define
Module 3: Develop
Module 4: Deliver
Why train with us
Our methods are interactive and you will learn by applying concepts to real life case studies. See more about our methodology here.
What you will receive: A certificate of attendance upon course completion, resources in the form of presentation and handouts, examples and access to our training community.
Next public course
Where: Online – Zoom and the Google Classroom or In-Person
Time commitment: This course requires a two-day commitment. Participants will experience a hands-on approach to design led thinking and creative problem solving. To achieve the outcomes mentioned above, full participation is required.
Participants from US, Canada, Europe; & all funders, consultants and private sector:
Participants from not-for-profit sector in Africa/Asia/Latin America:
Packages and promotions
- Sign up for 2 MEL courses and get 25% discount (excludes webinars and one day training courses)
- Register before the 9th April and get 10% discount
- Sign up 3 or more people from the same organisation and get 10% discount
Email us for registration form and payment options.