Outcome mapping (OM) is a methodology for planning, monitoring and evaluating development initiatives in order to bring about sustainable social change. This workshop addresses the challenges of planning, monitoring and evaluation (PM&E) in projects characterized by a changing environment, fully engaged actors, and a degree of unpredictability in the results.
During this course, we’ll be working through the steps of outcome mapping for program design, monitoring and evaluation. Participants will apply the outcome mapping concepts and tools in practical exercises and case studies.
Course Level: Intermediate
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Clarify what Outcome Mapping is – and what it does
- Plan a project using Outcome Mapping
- Clarify and measure intended outcomes
- Locate and measure outcomes as they emerge
- Have an understanding of the importance of integrating monitoring and evaluation from the planning stage
- Involve stakeholders in all processes
- Foster organisational learning
- Track and report on the complex processes of social change
What the course will cover
Module 1: Overview of Outcome mapping theory and concepts
Module 2: Steps 4 – 6 Planning for change
Module 3: Application of OM in your work
Our methods are interactive and you will learn by applying concepts to real life case studies. See more about our methodology here.
What you will receive: A certificate of attendance upon course completion, a manual, and a list of useful resources.
If you want this course in-house, talk to us about your needs. Email email@example.com
Next public course
Time commitment: Virtual classroom: 3 x full day sessions over 1.5 weeks. In-person: 2.5 days
Participants from US, Canada, Europe; & all funders, consultants and private sector:
Participants from not-for-profit sector in Africa/Asia/Latin America:
Packages and promotions
- Sign up for 2 MEL courses and get 25% discount (excludes webinars and one day training courses)
- Register before the 9th April and get 10% discount
- Sign up 3 or more people from the same organisation and get 10% discount
Email us for registration form and payment options.