In this course, we’ll provide you with a good understanding of what a Theory of Change is. We’ll also teach you how to formulate and assess a Theory of Change, and how to use a ToC as a tool for evaluation, learning and communication.
Course Level: Intermediate
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you will have a better understanding of:
- How to design a project using Theory of Change
- The benefits of using the Theory of Change approach when working in complex settings
- How to communicate your program Theory of Change
- How to assess a Theory of Change
- When and how a Theory of Change might be used for program evaluations
- How to identify sources of evidence for a Theory of Change
- The use of Theory of Change to facilitate learning and reflection
What the course will cover
Module 1: Introduction to Theory of Change
Module 2: Preparation for the development of a Theory of Change
Module 3: Theory of Change process
Module 4: Communicating and assessing your Theory of Change
Module 5: Using Theory of Change for evaluation, learning and reporting
Our methods are interactive and you will learn by applying concepts to real life case studies. See more about our methodology here.
What you will receive: A certificate of attendance upon course completion, a manual, Theory of Change examples and useful resources
Next public course
Where: Online – Zoom and the Google Classroom (or it will be f2f and city will be shared) or Face to Face
Time commitment: This course runs over 2 weeks virtual (1.5 days per week), or 2.5 days face to face.
Participants from US, Canada, Europe; & all funders, consultants and private sector: TBC
Participants from not-for-profit sector in Africa/Asia/Latin America: TBC
Packages and promotions
- Sign up for 2 MEL courses and get 25% discount (excludes webinars and one day training courses)
- Register before the 9th April and get 10% discount
- Sign up 3 or more people from the same organisation and get 10% discount
Email us for registration form and payment options.